If you have not heard from DDP within 30 days of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
DDP, a leading valuations company in South Africa, provides professional services relating to all aspects of property, plant, and equipment valuations, municipal valuations, building development inspections, and the processing of progress payments. Considerable success in all aspects of property valuation (residential, commercial, and agricultural) has led to the need to appoint a Professional Valuer or Professional Associated Valuer with five years of experience in Commercial and Agricultural Valuations in Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) and Jeffreys Bay.
Minimum requirements will include proof of registration at the South African Council for the Property Valuations Profession (SACPVP) as per the Property Valuers Profession Act of 2000 (Act No.47 of 2000). In addition, and besides relevant work experience you will be able to work independently by deadlines whilst simultaneously meeting stringent service and quality objectives and standards.
The successful candidate will also be required to supervise work, which will require the ability to demonstrate the required supervisory skills, a thorough understanding of corporate governance, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Other competencies will include detail orientation, service orientation, and a track record of having stayed abreast of current international trends in property valuations.
This position is available for an individual with a passion for service and whose personal values align with our corporate values which are:
- We are mentors
- We empower others through coaching and encouragement. We prioritise the needs of the collective
- We are owners
- We are valuers, we manage wealth and risk by taking responsibility and innovating for the future
- We are benevolent
- We know that a caring and supportive nature brings out the best in teams.
- We are transparent
- We share ideas and information freely so that others can benefit from what we’ve learned from failures and successes.
- We are analytical
- We collect vast amounts of data and proactively use it to deliver results and pursue success.
- We are obsessive
- We tenaciously pursue our goals and objectives and believe that success is relative to the effort we put in.
- We are remarkable
- We are diverse and seek out exceptional people within diverse groups.
- We are customer-centric
- We know that our customers are the lifeblood of our business, and are committed, flexible and dedicated to meeting their needs
- We are skilful
- We are the best at what we do, demonstrating the highest degree of professionalism, proficiency, accountability and adaptability.
Additional Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
- Driver’s license
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Ability to perform in a highly pressurised environment
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- A track record of having stayed abreast of current international trends in property valuations
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Assertive and confident
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Team player with a passion for work
- Patient and disciplined
- High emotional intelligence
- Problem solver
- Service orientated
|BSc (Hons) Property Studies | BCom (Hons) in Property Valuation & Management | BSc Real Estate | National Diploma Real Estate | Any other relevant national diploma/degree (preferably with honours) | Honours in Real Estate; Property Valuations; BSc Property Management
|SACPVP – Professional Valuer (PV) or Professional Associated Valuer (PAV)