If you have not heard from DDP within 30 days of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
DDP, a leading valuations company in South Africa, provides professional services relating to all aspects of property, plant, and equipment valuations, municipal valuations, building development inspections, and the processing of progress payments. Considerable success in all aspects of property valuation (residential, commercial, and agricultural) has led to the need to appoint a Professional Valuer/Professional Associated Valuer with five to ten years of experience in Residential Valuations in Cape Town.
Minimum requirements include a relevant degree with experience in Residential Valuations as well as proof of registration with the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession in accordance with the Property Valuers Profession Act of 2000. This role requires a deep understanding of the local real estate market, strong analytical skills, and the ability to produce high-quality valuation reports. In addition, and besides relevant work experience, you will be able to work independently following deadlines whilst simultaneously meeting stringent service and quality objectives and standards. This position is available for an individual with a passion for service and whose personal values align with our corporate values:
1. We are mentors. We empower others through coaching and encouragement. We prioritise the needs of the collective.
2. We are owners. We are Valuers. We manage wealth and risk by taking responsibility and innovating for the future.
3. We are benevolent. We know that a caring and supportive nature brings out the best in teams.
4. We are transparent. We share ideas and information freely so that others can benefit from what we’ve learned from failures and successes.
5. We are analytical. We collect vast amounts of data and proactively use it to deliver results and pursue success.
6. We are obsessive. We tenaciously pursue our goals and objectives and believe that success is relative to the effort we put it.
7. We are remarkable. We are diverse and seek out exceptional people.
8. We are customer-centric. We know that our customers are the lifeblood of our business, and are committed, flexible and dedicated to meeting their needs.
9. We are skilful. We are the best at what we do, demonstrating the highest degree of professionalism, proficiency, accountability and adaptability.
Additional Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
- Driver’s license
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Ability to perform in a highly pressurised environment
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- A track record of having stayed abreast of current international trends in property valuations
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Assertive and confident
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Team player with a passion for work
- Patient and disciplined
- High emotional intelligence
- Problem solver
- Service orientated
|Job Category||Professional Valuer|
|Qualification(s)||BSc (Hons) Property Studies | BCom (Hons) in Property Valuation & Management | BSc Real Estate | National Diploma Real Estate | Any other relevant national diploma/degree (preferably with honours) | Honours in Real Estate; Property Valuations; BSc Property Management|
|Membership||SACPVP – Professional Valuer|