If you have not heard from DDP within 30 days of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
DDP, a leading valuations company in South Africa, provides professional services relating to all aspects of property, plant and equipment valuations, municipal valuations, building development inspections and the processing of progress payments. Considerable success in all aspects of property valuation (residential, commercial, and agricultural) has led to the need to appoint a Quality Control Professional Valuer in Cape Town. This position is office-bound.
Minimum requirements include a relevant degree with experience in quality control and proof of registration with the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession in accordance with the Property Valuers Profession Act of 2000. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the valuations we provide to our clients. You will work closely with our team of valuation experts to review reports, documents, and data to identify and rectify any errors or discrepancies. Your role will be instrumental in upholding our commitment to delivering high-quality valuation services to our clients.
This position is available for an individual with a passion for service and whose personal values align with our corporate values:
1. We are mentors. We empower others through coaching and encouragement. We prioritise the needs of the collective.
2. We are owners. We are Valuers. We manage wealth and risk by taking responsibility and innovating for the future.
3. We are benevolent. We know that a caring and supportive nature brings out the best in teams.
4. We are transparent. We share ideas and information freely so that others can benefit from what we’ve learned from failures and successes.
5. We are analytical. We collect vast amounts of data and proactively use it to deliver results and pursue success.
6. We are obsessive. We tenaciously pursue our goals and objectives and believe that success is relative to the effort we put in.
7. We are remarkable. We are diverse and seek out exceptional people.
8. We are customer-centric. We know that our customers are the lifeblood of our business, and we are committed, flexible and dedicated to meeting their needs.
9. We are skilful. We are the best at what we do, demonstrating the highest degree of professionalism, proficiency, accountability and adaptability.
Additional Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
- Driver’s license
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Ability to perform in a highly pressurised environment
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- A track record of having stayed abreast of current international trends in property valuations
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Assertive and confident
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Team player with a passion for work
- Patient and disciplined
- High emotional intelligence
- Problem solver
- Service orientated
Research and data analysis skill
- Methodical and process-oriented
- Customer and quality-focused
- Ability to collect, organise and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Work in an office environment
- Work with various systems
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
|Job Category||Professional Valuer|
|Qualification(s)||BSc (Hons) Property Studies | BCom (Hons) in Property Valuation & Management | BSc Real Estate | National Diploma Real Estate | Any other relevant national diploma/degree (preferably with honours) | Honours in Real Estate; Property Valuations; BSc Property Management|
|Membership||SACPVP – Professional Valuer|
|Experience||5 -10 years|